Kennametal, a member of the S&P 400, manufactures industrial materials, such as machine tools, road construction equipment, tools for mining, electric power plants, the oil industry, the paper industry, and more.
- Provide strategy and consulting services to manage challenges within existing PIM ecosystem.
- Encourage adoption of PIM through improved processes and executive buy-in
Amplifi provided Kennametal with a strategic, long-term vision for their PIM program, as well as tactical initiatives to deliver value immediately. Our recommendations were outside of the box, addressed all of Kennametal’s pain points, and allowed them to spread knowledge throughout the organization, freeing up key resources for more strategic activities.
Key Features / Focus Area
- Led a Discovery Workshop and worked with business and IT to define overall project requirements that met all needs.
- Delivered a clear strategy to implement overall data governance for the PIM project.
- Provided guidance to reprioritize project deliverables to provide immediate value by freeing up resources.
- Established objectives and recommendations for the PIM project.
- Produced an executive presentation that included a timeline for a phased approach to socialize program and secure departmental buy-in